Monday, May 2, 2011

5 Songs With Robin Pecknold of Fleet Foxes



I'm starting this post with a little seen youtube clip of the Fleet Foxes going on a hike, as shot by Robin's brother Sean Pecknold and featuring sister Aja leading the clan through some 70's easy listening jams.
  Now it's time to admit I didn't get any access to the very private Robin Pecknold, the band's lead singer.
  But I do follow his twitter feed.
And with the excitement building for the official release of Happiness Blues, I had to do something.




So here are 5 songs Robin has tweeted about in the months leading to the release of Happiness Blues.





1. Sagittarius “My World Fell Down”



“One of the best 60’s psych pop records of all time” ~Robin

-This is a studio creation featuring Glen Campbell on lead vocals. The 1968 album Present Tense is adored by many music nerds.

2. The Zombies Butchers Tale (Western Front 1914)



"All of my favorite jams are that one chord progression EM7 to A.
Child is Father to The Man, Reptilia, Cabinessence..."~Robin

-This Zombies cut is from another classic, Odessey (sic) and Oracle. A must own album best known for  "Time of the Season".


3. Carl Sagan “A Glorious Dawn” ft Stephen Hawking (Symphony of Science)



“ I think my most listened to song in the last year is that Sagan auto tune. That and ...

4.... Joanna Newsom “Does Not Suffice”.



Newsom’s “Have One On Me”..." is the last record I learned all the words to."~Robin






-Robin toured with the critically acclaimed harpist/songwriter  last year. He covered her song "On a Good Day". All three songs come from 2010's  Have One On Me.

5. Radiohead “Codex”




"Fuck this new stereo set up sounds so sick. Codex."~Robin

-Robin bought himself a new stereo for his new digs in Portland,OR. "Codex" comes from the latest Radiohead album.

1 comment:

  1. Well buddy I do listen all of them but the 2nd and fifth song is too good to me I like them other than all.

    ReplyDelete