Friday, September 2, 2011

Odds And Sods: I've Decided To Join the Air Force Today


                                      The Bee Gees I've Decided to Join the Air Force

From the 1968 album that included the hit singles "I've Gotta Get a Message to You" and "I Started a Joke" comes a song that may have seemed out of place at the height of the Vietnam War... but when, thanks to the draft,  push comes to shove:

   I've seen my friends and they all agree/
   That it's better than joining the army or going to sea


To be honest I'm trying to figure out what to do with this music blog. I enjoy finding buried treasures from the 60's and 70's but The Rising Storm already does a superb job of that. I could offer a series of songs based on a theme but Star Maker Machine ( which I contribute to) and For The Sake of The Song are both brilliant blogs by people who know far more than I do.
    So , for now, I think I will take my cue from my days at my college station where we played anything and everything.
 By the way, if you like what you hear let me know. And please buy the record!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the everything and anything style - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete