Thursday, November 27, 2014

40 Year Itch: Heavy Metal Monkees






   On November 29, 1974 the soundtrack album Slade in Flame was released, right on the heels of its hit single "Far Far Away" reaching #2 in the UK. The cult film, called "the 'Citizen Kane' of rock musicals"  by BBC film critic Mark Kermode, would come out in January of 1975. It's the tale of a rock band dealing with the realities of the music business. Drummer Don Powell acted in  the movie despite his short term amnesia, a result of the car accident that killed his fiancé in the Summer of 1973:

   I'd do one line and then stop. Even in my long scene, when I talk to my boss under the bridge by the river, I just did a few lines, then they'd stop to chage camera angles then I'd do a few ones more. Furthermore, Patrick Connor, who played my boss, was very patient. If I forgot something, he just said :"Don't worry. We'll just go back and do it again. "He was very nice and helpful. A real gentleman. 




No comments:

Post a Comment