Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Top Ten by Georgia Hubley of Yo La Tengo



   Yo La Tengo drummer/vocalist/somgwriter Georgia Hubley made my favorite Top Ten list in Spin Magazine's Alternate Record Guide, published in 1995. She helped me discover the classic Pretty Things album Parachute while giving a very nice nod to Christmas, a band made up of two brothers I befriended in elementary school. Pretty sure I was one of the first college radio djs to put Yo La Tengo's debut album, Ride the Tiger, on heavy rotation ( in 1985) so it has all evened out quite nicely.  



1. Syd Barrett : The Madcap Laughs/Barrett
2. Various Artists : The Beat of the Traps



3. Christmas : Ultraprophets of Thee Psykick Revolution


4. The Clean : Compilation
5. Roky Erickson and the Aliens [st]



6. Various Artists: Michigan Brand Nuggets
7. The Modern Lovers [st]




8. The Pretty Things : Parachute



9. Tall Dwarfs : Hello Cruel World
10. Them : featuring Van Morrison




No comments:

Post a Comment