Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Top 5 Albums of the Year



My Top 5 albums of the year.


1. David Bowie: Blackstar
  I am still gutted by the death of David Bowie, but this isn't just a sentimental choice. Bowie's last release during his incredible life is a great and wise work of art. Look up, he's in heaven.



2. Radiohead : Moon Shaped Pool
     There is depth here that I am still plundering. Very much a return to form for those who feel like the band lost its way with the odd EDM beats. Radiohead's Station to Station perhaps?


3. Car Seat Headrest :Teens of Denial
  A Nevermind for the Millennial set? Very smart, thoughtful, and rockin' in a way that's reminiscent of The Strokes. Extra points for making Seattle their home base.



4. Michael Kiwanuka: Love and Hate
  British folkie channels Pink Floyd on "Cold Little Heart" on Dangermouse production. Still exploring the rest of the album but I' m ready to dive in deep.


5. Teenage Fanclub : Here
  I'm a pop fan at heart and these guys kill me with their three minute songs about love and love lost. There's something charming about hearing a song you might have written yourself in a fit of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment