Sunday, June 4, 2017

Hey Lolly Lolly


Meri Wilson : Telephone Man


On June 4, 1977 Meri Wilson 's "Telephone Man" entered the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart at #85. It is an insipid double-entendre novelty record that somehow found its way into the US Top 20, the U.K. Top 10  and somehow into my family's record collection. Did one of my sisters buy it? They won't admit it. (My oldest sister would only admit to buying Nadia's Theme and Muskrat Love). I sure as hell didn't buy it. The whole thing's a mystery!  Now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.


The US TOP 10

1 SIR DUKE –•– Stevie Wonder (Tamla)-10 (3 weeks at #1) 
2 I’M YOUR BOOGIE MAN  –•– K.C. and the Sunshine Band (T.K.)
3 DREAMS –•– Fleetwood Mac (Warner Brothers) 
4 GOT TO GIVE IT UP (Part 1) –•– Marvin Gaye (Tamla) 
5 GONNA FLY NOW (Theme From “Rocky”) –•– Bill Conti (United Artists)
6 COULDN’T GET IT RIGHT –•– The Climax Blues Band (Sire)
7 LUCILLE –•– Kenny Rogers (United Artists)
8 LONELY BOY –•– Andrew Gold (Asylum)
9 FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME –•– Foreigner (Atlantic) 
10 WHEN I NEED YOU –•– Leo Sayer (Warner Brothers)

No comments:

Post a Comment